Wednesday, July 18, 2012

38 Week Bumpdate

Ok, I'm a few days late -- but here is my 38 week baby bump. The picture was taken on Monday (38wks, 3days)


We had a doctor appointment yesterday with the midwife. I was hoping (praying) that they would tell me that I was at least dilated to 1cm...but no. Nada. My cervix is still closed. Damn! Good news is, the midwife assured me that he is super low and his head is "right there" and things could be moving along "pretty soon" - whatever that means. Until then, I've been doing all I can to move this process along; spicy foods, walking like a mother effer, walking up and down the stairs and bouncing on the exercise ball. Tomorrow I'm meeting up with a girlfriend of mine for lunch. We're headed to Skipolini's Pizza for their famous Preggo Pizza!! YES PLEASE!!!

I've come to terms with the fact that sleep is pretty much non-existent at this point. Whether it's getting up to pee at almost every hour, or it's the anxiety of knowing little boy could come at any time. I can literally lay in bed for hours and just think about the experience and all the what ifs. Either my husband sleeps through all my tossing and turning; or he just loves me enough to ignore me.

Although I barely got any sleep last night, I have a random urge to clean and make sure everything is 100% ready for Jordan's arrival. Hopefully all my moving around today will help the process along [fingers crossed!]

No comments:

Post a Comment