Tuesday, June 1, 2010

A Little Something Special

I never really explained where my blog title came from. Driving to Los Gatos over the weekend and passing by Campbell made me reminisce about it. A long time ago (I was about 10 or 11) my mom used to live in Campbell and I would visit her on the weekends. She lived in a very cute and quiet neighborhood. On Saturday mornings, we would take a walk to a nearby coffee shop to have breakfast. Mom always had a bagel and coffee; me, a bagel and juice. After our breakfast we'd walk to a cute little stationary shop called, "A Little Something Special". I loved that place. I would always buy pieces of stationary paper. I never really used it, but I loved buying them. Each sheet of paper was about $0.60 or so, and my mom would give me money to pick out what I wanted. I don't know why I was so infatuated with that place, but it definitely became a wonderful memory. Probably because it was me and Mom's place...and I'll always remember it.

So, wow...is it really JUNE already!? I can't believe how time flys by. It's almost summer!! There's so much stuff going on that I'm excited for. Camping is coming up, Lauren is coming home and Jon and I celebrate our anniversary next month! I also have a huge milestone in my life....the 10k (yes it's that big of a deal for me). I've been doing my training for the run and I'm hoping to be prepared enough for it! I keep telling myself that 6 miles isn't that bad....but then I get on the treadmill and at 2 miles I feel like my heart is going to stop and my legs will fall off.

In addition to my 10k training, I'm supposed to be eating healthier too (as I snack on a Charleston Chew), but apparently I don't know the meaning of that. After a hard workout I usually go home and ruin it all by eating cookie dough or having a delicious bowl of Cocoa Puffs (which by the way is my new favorite cereal). Tonight I will be making pasta...which probably isn't the best thing to eat after a workout......BUT in my mind, the fact that the Alfredo sauce is "light" and I'm putting asparagus in it, makes it healthier ;)

Tuesday = "The Office" marathon! It makes me smile just thinking about it .......that's what she said.....

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hearing about the bay! I lived in Campbell too :) I'm glad you were able to share that memory with your mom...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Papps! I love that you lived in the bay! You're definitely my bay area girl buddy!

    ReplyDelete