Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Take A Breath.

Can I just take a moment to vent? My life is officially on overload. I'm tired. I'm stressed. And I probably wouldn't even notice if I had my shoes on the wrong feet.

It's been so long since I've posted anything. I've wanted to - I just haven't had the time. There's been about 5 times over the past week that I've sat down and started to write, but something always comes up. Today I stared at a blank post...thinking about something interesting to write about. And don't get me wrong - I have plenty of interesting things I could write about. But I just don't want to. And quite frankly, that's not a good sign.

I've always been a writer. I have no problem sitting down and writing poem's, song lyrics and essays. So I know that life is what's making writing difficult right now.

I blame you School - for taking up my time in the evenings (and even during work, tsk tsk). I hate you and I wish I could wave my magic wand and be done with you!

I blame you Southwest - for charging me $350 for a flight to Las Vegas. It's an hour flight! Why must you charge so much?

I blame you Comcast Cable - for stealing my money. You're not even that great of a cable company...yet you seem to charge the most. Figure it out please.

Wow. Is it sad that I actually feel better after all of that non-sense?

On a happier note, I accomplished something I never thought I could do. I ran the Nike Women's Half Marathon in San Francisco on Sunday. I gave myself 3 hours to finish it - and I succeeded. It was rough. By mile 9 my knees were starting to hurt and by mile 10 the rain started to come down. But I didn't care about any of it. I was just excited to be running and proud of myself that I finished.

Did I mention that when you cross the finish line there are suited men handing out Tiffany's finisher necklaces? It definitely made it all worth while. Not to mention that all proceeds and donations went to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.

The views were breathtaking. I couldn't help but stop and take a picture of the golden beauty herself. For some reason, it's the most vulnerable I've ever seen the bridge look. A bittersweet moment for me...



I promise, promise, promise that I won't waste this much time in between posts. I'll be the first to admit that I let time get the best of me.

I'm back in my usual routine and I'll be posting away about life, wedding planning and vacations in no time.

Tonight is a clean-the-house-and-cooking-dinner-while-drinking-a-glass-of-wine kind of night.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment