Monday, September 27, 2010

Calm Before The Storm.

Friday was a long day. Jon didn’t get home until late; so that meant that cozying up on the couch with a blanket and wine seemed appropriate. ‘Marley and Me’ was on and I felt compelled to watch it. It’s one of my favorite movies. Not because it’s cute, but because of how the movie is all about challenges; it’s not sugar coated at all. There are so many scenes in that movie that I can relate to – and naturally I started crying; bawling my eyes out to be exact. That movie always makes me cry. Of course the next movie to come on after that was ‘Dear John’; another sob-fest. Needless to say my eyes were red and puffy the next day.

Saturdays are my favorite. We woke up to a beautiful morning, made coffee and did our routine of cuddling up on the couch watching TV. Now that fall has hit, the only TV we watch on the weekends now is Football. But it’s ok…I’m starting to warm up to the sport – and to be honest it wouldn’t feel like fall without Football.

Jon went to work for a few hours which meant it was time to clean! Saturday was a BIG cleaning day for me. Sometimes I get in those moods where I just need to clean. Now that we have hardwood floors, cleaning just went to a whole new level. It usually requires at least two Swiffer pads (which is a lifesaver, by the way) to sweep the floors; then after that, I went over it all again with the Swiffer mop. The sheets and comforter were washed; laundry folded; bathrooms cleaned; furniture dusted; and bed made. It was definitely a process…but one that desperately needed to be done.

Sunday was a little more laid back…fortunately. We drank our coffee and ate yummy blueberry bread, over a game of Sequence. It’s “our thing” lately. We have a tally sheet to keep track of how many wins we each have. I’m officially three games ahead of him now (yessssss)…which he’s a little upset over. Let’s just say that Jon doesn’t take losing very lightly….

Four football games were watched and more wedding stuff was planned. I’m having fun jotting down notes and ideas in my bride book. I’m an organized freak, so this ‘bride’s book’ will be my life for the next 11 months; no joke. I’ve officially made up my mind on who my bridesmaids will be and I can’t wait to tell them this weekend. They all pretty much know, but it’s important for me to ‘ask’ them. Everything 'wedding' is coming along smoothly.

As I’m sitting here writing, I peek up at the calendar to check the date…and reality sets in…..

I can’t believe it’s already almost October. Feels like yesterday we were soaking up the sun at camping back in July; or walking along Lake Tahoe back in April. This year has gone by WAY too fast. And even though it's fall, it sure doesn't feel that way outside. We had a weird heat wave over the weekend that has chose to continue on until today. It's 100 degrees outside right now...and I'm stuck inside at work. Funny how it always works out like that.

With October here, that means that it’s time to start decorating for Halloween and preparing for costumes. I'm such a festive kind of person...and I look forward to decorating for holidays. Speaking of holidays, I can officially say that this month will fly by. We have plans every weekend this month; and moving into November. Before we know it, Thanksgiving and Christmas will be here!

Even though we did absolutely nothing over the weekend but hang around the house, we needed it. It was our last weekend of being lazy. Our last weekend of sleeping in. Our last weekend of watching TV all day.

It’s going to be a stressful couple of months, but I need to remember to sit back and enjoy the days of fall…..it’s a beautiful season.

No comments:

Post a Comment