Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Happy Birthday To You, Blog.

One year ago today, I made the decision to bare my thoughts and soul to the world. One year ago today, I was mourning that little something special of what could have been. One year ago today, I began a journey of recovery, grief and moving on. It's amazing how far I've come in one year and how beautiful life can be when she throws you a different path. While it may feel dark and painful at first, the more you continue on, the brighter your world will become.

I've been asked before, "do you enjoy blogging?" ...to which I reply, without a pause; yes. I love blogging. It's my own place to go and feel like no one can judge me. I treasure it, like it's my home.

I love coming here and sharing with all of you, the wonderful things that are going on in my life.

I love slipping some pictures in here and there, giving you a small glimpse of what I'm seeing.

I love that this blog, my baby, is like my very own book about my life.

This blog has taught me so much over the past year and I have so much more learning to come. Coming here and seeing that blank page, waiting for me to scribble on, is like a artist staring at a blank canvas before he begins to paint.

So, I thank you, little blog.

Thank you for providing a place for me to vent. A place for me to cry. A place that brings a smile to my face.

And thank you, readers. If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't have any motivation to share my stories. I hope to give you more pictures to go along with my words.

As my blog blows out the candles, here's to another great year.

Happy Birthday Blog! You're my little something special.

No comments:

Post a Comment