Tuesday, March 1, 2011

March Madness.

And no, I don't mean basketball. We've got a lot going on this month. Hence, the word madness.

March marks our 6 month countdown until the wedding (excuse me while I hyperventilate). It's coming up so fast. And while I've been taking things slow for the past few months, this is where all the details start happening. I'd be lying if I said this isn't my favorite part. I'm a very detailed person, so making the table numbers instead of using the generic ones that the venue provides, will be fun for me. Going above and beyond to make a simple "do-it-yourself" buffet menu for each table to view, won't be added stress at all. Michael's trips excite me. It's like Disneyland. Ok, ok...nothing is like Disneyland, but it definitely comes close. It's all the detailed things that really make a wedding unique. And yes, I take pride in being able to do these things on my own. I'm an arts & crafts kind of girl - what can I say.

Can I just take a minute to say how awesome I am for holding back the urge to wear my dress? I'm perfectly content with it being in the closet. However, that doesn't mean I don't go in there, unzip the dress bag, and take a peek at it every now and then. I'm positive this will be a weekly ritual until the day of the wedding. I've learned to accept it :-)

Not only is the month filled with wedding stuff, but it's filled with birthday's gallor! One of them being Jon's 27th birthday. If the wedding wasn't happening, I'd be taking him away for a surprise weekend - but I'm pretty sure our Puerto Vallarta honeymoon trip beats any 'ol weekend trip I would have planned. I'm just sayin'...

This weekend I "plan" (quoted because the likelihood of it happening is slim to none), to do some deep cleaning on the house. I'm talkin', sweeping, mopping, dusting, laundry and vacuuming. I may even hang some pictures and shelves on our plain sandy colored walls - something that I've wanted to do since we moved in......7 months ago. Pure laziness on my part. We don't plan on leaving our place any time soon, so I might as well make it look like people actually live there.

I made a dent in our spare bedroom last weekend (which has conveniently become the room for wedding crap). Jon suggests that I don't spend too much time trying to fix it up - only to redo it next year to make room for......a baby. Yes, we're big fans of wanting to be parents so we won't be wasting any time after we're married. Hopefully this time next year I'll be blogging about morning sickness, gaining weight, acid-reflux and baby kicks to the bladder. I know, I know...I shouldn't plan for things like this, but it's hard not to when it's something you can't stop thinking about.

I've got major baby fever, That's b-a-b-y fever...not b-i-e-b-e-r fever. There's a difference. Just wanted to clarify...

Ok, March! Show me what you've got! Here we go, you'll be over before I know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment