Monday, March 14, 2011

A Little Something Special

I feel like I need to start the A Little Something Special post edition. Maybe it's a weekly thing (probably not) or maybe it's something I do every other month. But I feel the need to acknowledge the things that are special to me at the moment.

I've been thinking about this concept for a while...so I'm just gonna go with it.

Weekend Morning Coffee
I love my weekend coffee because I'm actually drinking it from a cup. Not the coffee thermos that I bring to work every day. I can sit on the couch, with my feet up, a blanket draped over me, and a cup of coffee in my hand. It's me and Jon's time in the morning where we're waking up together.



Tulips
I love them. There's something about Tulips that makes me feel, happy. Stress free. Calm. Saturday morning I walked into the kitchen and noticed the sun hitting the Tulips so beautifully. I couldn't help but smile :)



Date Nights
With us saving every bit of money we can for the wedding, date nights are few and far between. Which, by the way, is perfectly okay. That just means when we do have them, it's a special occasion and something I truly treasure.

Family
This past week I went with my Dad to the hospital where he had surgery to remove a hernia. Seeing him in the prep room made me realize that my parents are getting older. I always thought of my Dad as a superhero, like nothing could ever happen to him. Reality sunk in...and something inside began to hurt. It reminded me how thankful I am and how much I love and adore my family.

Fur-babies
I miss them. My cats, Peanut and Cookie, are at my parents house since we aren't able to have pets in our condo. My Mom sends me pictures of them all the time and it really makes me miss them. I've had them both since they were born and I wish I could have them next to me.

My Favorite
He's all I want and all I'll ever need. He does more than I could ask for and treats me with respect. I didn't know men like him existed - he truly is my prince charming.


*******************************************

(That is my way of beginning a new topic, btw)

Oh Lord...we're officially 6 months away from our wedding. Can it PLEASE come faster!? I know, beggars can't be choosers, but I just want our day to be here! However, I am enjoying everything that comes with it.

Saturday Jon and I hiked up Mission Peak. Oh. My. Gosh. I was so sore when we got home. In fact, I am still sore. My knees were so weak, they were shaky. My legs were so sore, I thought for sure they were going to fall off. And my ass, well...my ass hurt even when I sat on it. The funny thing is, we didn't even make it to the top of the mountain! We only got to about half way. Jon wants to go back this weekend to finish it. You can imagine my excitement when the forecast calls for rain this weekend  :)

Happy Monday friends!

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures! Plus, I know how it feels to just want the wedding to get here already :) Somedays it felt like I had so much to do still... then others it seemed like I was waiting forever! Can't wait to see pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement Papps!! It helps to know I'm not the only one. I'll definitely be post pictures of the wedding, don't you worry! And hopefully I'll be back on The Bump soon ;)

    ReplyDelete