Monday, August 23, 2010

All Grown Up

Saturday night was our second annual "girls night out". It's our new dedication to getting together at least once a month to have cocktails, and gossip about....well, everything. Stephanie and Analiese came over and saw our new place, which they absolutely loved. We mosied on over to Elephant Bar for Happy Hour where Analiese sipped on water all night, and Steph and I both had a Margarita and a half before we called it a night. We couldn't even finish our second drink! It reminded us of how old we're getting. All three of us were yawning and had droopy eyes before we realized that it was late....all of 11 o'clock. Yes, we're definitely old.

It was a great time though. We gabbed all night about our lives and things that are new with us. I couldn't help but think about how much things have changed. Years ago we were talking about fun parties and how "drunk we were"...now our conversations are about kids, marriage, houses and husbands. And you know what? I love it. Even though growing up and growing old scares the living daylights out of me, I undeniably love everything about it.

I can't wait to marry Jon. I can't wait to find out that I'm pregnant. I can't wait to hold our child in my arms for the first time. I can't wait to be 35 years young and taking our children to school and field trips. I look forward to it.....every bit of it.

Thursday we're hosting a dinner at our house with the parents. They'll all come together to see our new home that Jon and I have made for ourselves. I'm actually really looking forward to it! I'm not used to preparing a meal for a huge crowd, so I'm known to get a little flustered; but I'm honestly looking forward to it. Jon will be cooking the pork loin and chicken, while I tend to the potatoes, salad and asparagus. It should be a fabulous meal with great company.

No comments:

Post a Comment