Monday, August 9, 2010

Work In Progress

Well, we finally spent some time in the guest bedroom, and actually made it – a guest bedroom. We unpacked the rest of the boxes and put everything away. I washed the sheets and made the bed. It still needs some work (decorating, bed frame), but for now, it’ll do. We got the 2011 Ikea book in the mail, which of course, made me really happy. I’m like a kid in a candy store with that place. I saw a nice bed frame with a headboard and foot board for $199. Score! Once we get past this month it’ll get a little easier. I’m itching for a shopping trip at Ross or Target. I still have some things I’d like to get for the house. Other than that – the place is coming together nicely. Very nicely.


I’ve been having a fascination with photography lately. I’ve always loved to take pictures, but never paid attention to lighting, or focus – I just took them. But now, I have a new interest. A very expensive interest. One day I’ll buy a nice Cannon, probably when we have kids. But for now, I’ve learned that my iPhone Camera works just fine, actually. The camera has a focus option and the photo apps make it fun. I’m sure my Digital Sony Camera has a focus as well – I just haven’t ever noticed it.


Relaxing with a glass of wine has been my thing lately. I wouldn’t say it’s an every night thing, but I definitely have a glass maybe twice a week. It’s nice, soothing and not to mention, delicious. This reminds me, I need to get another bottle. I went to a gorgeous winery up in Napa a few months ago and bought the tastiest bottle of wine. I finished it very quickly and have been craving it ever since. I went to order it online but unfortunately you can only order it in cases of 6. I guess I won’t be drinking that wine again unless I go back up to the winery and buy a bottle, or spend about $200 for a case of 6…




Saturday we went to our first Farmers Market since living in Downtown. In fact, it was my first Farmers Market, ever. I’ve honestly never been to one before – and I have no idea why! They’re so much fun and so cheap. We bought fresh fruit and veggies and spent less than $10. Best part is, we’re in walking distance. I love being able to walk across the street to everything. I also found the most darling little place the other day. It’s a nursery, but their gift shop is absolutely adorable! It’s a must that we go back there. I could probably spend a good hour just in the store alone – and another hour looking at all the different plants and flowers. I just can’t wait to decorate our place! Before when we lived in the apartment, it was home, but it didn’t feel like home. I didn’t have the desire to hang up pictures, or really decorate because I knew that we wouldn’t be there long. We also didn’t have much room, considering it was a small one bedroom apartment. But this place……this place is home. We both felt it the moment we walked in the door during the open house.


Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment